Weekly CEC EventsThese events happen every week. They are excellent opportunities to develop or learn skills; do something you love; gain experience related to your major; or perform hours needed for a class, scholarship, or to apply for graduate or professional programs. If you are interested in details or would like to sign up, please contact the program at the listed email.
- Paiute Center Tutoring--help with reading and elementary math (you're a college student--you know this stuff!), Monday through Thursday afternoons from 4-5 pm (except Wednesday, 3-4 pm), email@example.com
- Wee Be Groovin'--no dance experience needed, come out and have fun doing an after-school program with elementary students, Monday afternoon 3:45-5 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUU Discover--story and activity time at public library, Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm, email@example.com
- After School Sports--sports activities with middle school students, Wednesday afternoon 2:45-4 pm on campus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Elementary Tutoring, flexible days/hours,email@example.com
- Animal Rescue, days/hours vary, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The HOPE Pantry, located in the Community Engagement Center, has LOTS of bakery items this week. Please come get some!
- SAIL (the Student Alliance of Interfaith Leaders), needs volunteers to help prepare the weekly interfaith dinner
(the dinner is free to students of any/no religious background!).
Volunteers are needed from 10 am-noon every Thursday morning (one hour
shifts are great). Interested? Meet at the Community Engagement Center
at 10 am. Email questions to Matt, email@example.com
- A new Hip Hop program at North Elementary is looking for SUU
volunteers to teach hip hop dance to students
on Wednesday afternoons, until Feb 27. The program director, Mindy
Young, says, "It could be a really fun
opportunity and I would be happy to write letters of recommendation for
[students'] future portfolio's. Interested or want more information?
Contact Mindy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative Break Registration is now open!
- There are a few spots still available with the San Diego trip:
- Spring--San Diego, California, March 9-16 working with Via International serving with immigrant and indigent populations
- Trips are $550 each. This trip fee covers all travel, food and lodging costs.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is due upon registration.
- For additional information check out the Alternative Break web page at http://www.suu.edu/uc/ee/cec/
- Questions? Contact Pam, email@example.com
- Youth and Families With Promise in need of Mentors.
- Mentors needed to help with after school programs and to serve as a big brother/sister role model
- Commitment is one hour per week
- For questions or to sign up, contact Cheryl, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 586- 8132.
- Iron County 4-H is looking for volunteer leaders to help with a variety of programs including
- Small Animal Club (rabbits, ducks, chickens, hamsters, guinea pigs)
- Summer Camps, 2013
- Wildlife Habitat program
- Robotics Club
- Party and event planning and help
- These would be great EDGE projects!
- Interested? Contact Angela Hackwell, email@example.com